PUFFY P illustration

illustration & art for licensing by pilar erika johnson
puffyp.com - art for licensing, my shop, free e-cards & more
pilaromatic.com - illustration portfolio

Monday, June 05, 2006

last week before showtime....

Hi all, this weekend I managed to send off all my stuff for my booth to NY ...btw, dont send stuff 3 days UPS if you can get away with ground, I spent about $175 to send about 50 lbs of stuff 3 day...but thats the price of fame I guess...

I still have a few odds and ends to take care of, but by booth is mostly complete. I am, however, compiling an archive of all my images for mobile phone wallapers, because I have about 60 images so far, and hope to have 100-200 for the show. I've been experimenting with Adobe Bridge, and been happy to be able to quickly view all my images, and export to thumbnail contact sheets either via Photoshop, or InDesign. Theres also some nice PDF presentations and web pages I can create in a snap. I know this isnt anything new, but its one of those things where if you hadnt had a need to do something, you dont really dig down into the program to find out how to do it.

Im now turning my focus to creating an illo for a colleague Von Glitschka. He's writing/ compiling a design book. (Im not sure how downlow this needs to be, so I dont want to reveal too much about its content, just in case). I'm reworking one of my images into something for the book and pretty thrilled to get a piece published and getting some free advertising. I'm also hoping to submit some work for some local gallery showings, (of course all my deadlines are at the same time, right before I head off to NY).

so its a busy time to say the least, but its all great stuff.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home